Video Chat Script Documentation
Before proceeding with install please read carefully the Requirements list below. Most of the problems that appear during install are caused by server software not configured properly for this script.
In order to install the VideoChatScript you most complete the following steps:
- Unpack the archive containing the script onto your server.
- Edit the settings.php file.There are 4 configuration variables that you will most likely have to modify: the host variable in most cases should be localhost, the username and password variables are the login details to your database, and the dbase variable is the name of the database you created earlier. You can also modify the crrency symbol (which by default is $). Save and close the file. You will have to enter the same settings in the flashsettings/services/vcs.php file. At the top of the file you will find the exact variables that you will need to enter here too.
- Edit the admin/allowedAdminIP.php file and add your IP (if you don't know it click here) so you can access Admin area. You can add as many IP's as you want, duplicating the sample lines existing in that file. If your IP is NOT added in admin/allowedAdminIP.php file, when accessing the admin folder you will be redirected to home page.
- Run install.php. If it's generating error messages, try to set the directory rights from your FTP client (777 for models, logs, uploads and studio directories). If you get 'installation successful' message, REMOVE install.php and install2.php files from your server.
- grant write permission for /admin/lic.txt
- On your FMS server create a new application using the main.asc file we provided. You should get a RTMP address as a result (you will use this address in the next step)
- Go to your admin area: www.yoursite.com/admin and modify the website settings. Admin password is 'admin' and it's stored in the database. You can change that in Admin too. You should modify the flash settings first: enter the FMS address (please make sure to include the "RTMP://" part of the address - it should look like this: rtmp://xxxxxxx.com/application_name) and the gateway URL (the gateway url should be http://www.yoursite.com/flashservices/gateway.php)
- The scripts should now be functioning. Open your browser and access your website.
The script installation requires the following:
- A web server or web hosting account running on any major operating system (Linux, Unix, Windows) with Apache web server [if you run on Windows please let us know before you buy the package in order to disable mod_rewrite - SEO friendly URLs].
- Your web server must have PHP 5 (installed as Apache module, NOT as CGI) with GD + FreeType, CURL and Ioncube loaders, or better. Apache's mod_rewrite must be enabled and also you should be able to access .htaccess files (either by using a control panel either by using a SSH). Please check that the server has: register_globals OFF, magic quotes OFF and PHP allows set_time_limit() function or to be configured in php.ini. In php.ini also make memory_limit default to 32M. Please check that PHP does NOT run in Safe Mode.
- Your web server must have MySQL 4.1.2 or better. Please check that MySql does NOT run in strict mode.
- A Flash Media Server 2/3 or Red5 account for video streaming.
Most web hosts (in more than 99% of cases) support these requirements. However if your web host does not have the requirements, ask them to download and install the latest versions of PHP from [ http://www.php.net ] and MySQL from[ http://www.mysql.org ]. They are free.
For the installation process, please access the readme.txt file downloaded with the application files.